Since Jeffrey joined Huggins Peil in 2014 he has helped his clients recover millions of dollars in a wide array of cases. He has also helped corporate clients defend against frivolous claims in courts across the United States. As representative examples, he has:
- Recovered $1.5 million for the citizens of Grovetown, Georgia in a class action lawsuit demonstrating that the citizens were illegally overbilled for water and utility services for years.
- Recovered an additional $150,000 in a Georgia Whistleblower Act lawsuit on behalf of the Billing Clerk who was terminated after reporting the illegal billing scheme in Grovetown.
- Helped several motor vehicle accident victims obtain six figure settlements for their personal injuries.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of a class action lawsuit filed against a prominent local Georgia business in Federal district court in California, which was subsequently upheld on appeal before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Recovered a substantial settlement for the family of a victim of a murder-suicide whose insurance company refused to pay life insurance proceeds based upon a mistaken understanding of the Georgia Slayer Statute.
- Obtained post-trial reversals of felony convictions in both Georgia Superior Courts and the Georgia Court of Appeals.
- Tried several bench and jury trials in multiple courts across the United States, including courts in Georgia, South Carolina, and Minnesota
Jeff lives in Grovetown, Georgia with his wife Hilary. Both are active members of the Church of the Good Shepherd in Augusta, Georgia.
Areas of Practice
Serious Personal Injuries
Class Action Lawsuits for Product Defects
Civil Rights and Whistleblower Claims
Contested Probate Matters
- Georgia Trial and Appellate Courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia
- South Carolina
- 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
- University of Richmond, B.A. 2006
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D. 2014
- (706) 210-9063