Attorney Charles Huggins is well known in his hometown of Augusta as an avid musician who loves family, his community, and …coffee. But family and community, of course, reigns above a good cup of cappuccino. Quality of service, approachability and integrity signify how Huggins runs his law firm and how he embraces his community. Once you step into his office, you will feel the sense of comradery among the staff that is also graciously extended to every client and the community.
Huggins Peil, LLC traces its roots to the law firm of Huggins and Allen, P.C., which was founded in 1981 by Charles “Tom” Huggins Sr. The elder Huggins spent the majority of his practice with this firm, specializing in real estate law. Attorney Tom Huggins was known by his friends and business colleagues for his keen intellect, quick wit, and genuine humility, and was highly regarded as a leader in both his profession and community.
While the elder Huggins is no longer with us, his son, Charles T. Huggins, Jr., and Jeffrey F. Peil are carrying on his legacy of providing exceptional legal representation at fair prices. There is no case too small or too large for Charles and Jeff to consider.
If you want something as simple as a will or something as complex as taking on the United States Government in federal court, the lawyers at Huggins Peil will sit down with you and find the best course of action.
The Huggins Peil Firm Today
Charles T. Huggins, Jr.
Charles T. Huggins, Jr. is carrying the family torch and interacts with every client with compassion and integrity while providing the highest degree of legal advice. Huggins graduated with a Juris Doctorate in 1992 from the University of Georgia, School of Law. He earned a double Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Sociology from Furman University in 1989. Currently he is a member of the Georgia State Bar, Real Property Law Section, and the Augusta Bar Association. Charles is married to Elizabeth (Beth) and they have two adult daughters, Catherine and Caroline (Callie).
Attorney Charles Huggins is well known in his hometown of Augusta as an avid musician who loves family, his community, and …coffee. But family and community, of course, reigns above a good cup of cappuccino. Quality of service, approachability and integrity signify how Huggins runs his law firm and how he embraces his community. Once you step into his office, you will feel the sense of camaraderie among the staff that is also graciously extended to every client and the community.
Areas of Practice
• Residential Real Estate Closings
• Commercial Real Estate Closings
• Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney
• Entertainment Law
• All Georgia courts
• Furman University, B.A. 1989
• University of Georgia School of Law, J.D. 1992
Jeffrey F. Peil
Since Jeffrey joined Huggins Peil in 2014 he has helped his clients recover millions of dollars in a wide array of cases. He has also helped corporate clients defend against all types of claims in courts across the United States. As representative examples, he has:
- Recovered over $2.2 million in an arbitration proceeding for a businessman wronged by his business partner.
- Recovered $1.5 million for the citizens of Grovetown, Georgia in a class action lawsuit demonstrating that the citizens were illegally overbilled for water and utility services for years, as well as an additional $150,000 in a Georgia Whistleblower Act lawsuit on behalf of the Billing Clerk who was terminated after reporting the illegal billing scheme in Grovetown.
- Helped several motor vehicle accident victims obtain six figure settlements for their personal injuries.
- Successfully obtained dismissals of two class action lawsuits filed against a local Georgia business in Federal district court in California. The dismissals were subsequently upheld on appeal before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Recovered a substantial settlement for the family of a victim of a murder-suicide whose insurance company refused to pay life insurance proceeds based upon a mistaken understanding of the Georgia Slayer Statute.
- Obtained post-trial reversals of felony convictions in Georgia Superior Courts, the Georgia Court of Appeals, and the Georgia Supreme Court. Representative cases include: Pennington v. State, 306 Ga. 854 (2019) (argued in consolidation with McClure v. State, 306 Ga. 856 (2019)); In the Interest of M.C., 345 Ga. App. 863 (2018); Belcher v. State, 344 Ga. App. 729 (2018).
- Tried several bench and jury trials in multiple courts across the United States, including courts in Georgia, South Carolina, and Minnesota
Jeff lives in Grovetown, Georgia with his wife Hilary. Both are active members of the Church of the Good Shepherd in Augusta, Georgia.
Areas of Practice
• Serious Personal Injuries
• Class Action Lawsuits for Product Defects
• Trademark Protection
• Appellate Advocacy
• Civil Rights and Whistleblower Claims
• Contested Probate Matters
• Georgia Trial and Appellate Courts
• U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia
• South Carolina
• 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
• 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
• 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
• United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
• University of Richmond, B.A. 2006
• Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D. 2014
Nicole Wilson joined Huggins Peil, LLC in February, 2018 after obtaining her Associate’s Degree of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies from Augusta Technical College. Her previous five years of experience in Augusta’s Legal community has prepared her well for working closely with Huggins Peil clients in a variety of roles.
Nicole grew up in Augusta, and is now a proud resident of Columbia County along with her husband Jack and daughter Alexandra.
Michelle Rhodes brings over 20 years of experience working in real estate firms. As her co-worker explained, “she is an expert in all things real estate.”
Michelle prepares all commercial and residential real estate transactions and serves as the closing secretary. She is married to Scott Rhodes and is the mother of two boys, Burke and Brandon.
Marya Blackledge, born and raised in Evans, Georgia, joined Huggins Peil, LLC in January of 2020 as an Administrative Assistant. She obtained her Associate’s Degree in Science, General Studies from Georgia Military College in 2012.
Marya is always ready to greet you with the sweetest of Southern Hospitality, whether it be at our door or on the phone. When not at work, Marya enjoys kayaking, paddle boarding, trips to the beach and spending time with her family and friends.
Miranda Dally-Schmitt joined the Huggins Peil, LLC team in March, 2020 as a Paralegal. She obtained her Associates Degree of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies from Augusta Technical College in 2019. Miranda supports the attorneys within the firm in multiple areas of law including Personal Injury, Wills and Probate, Litigation and Family Law. Her efficiency keeps the Legal machine running smoothly at Huggins Peil.
Miranda and her husband Nick have one daughter, Debbi, and they enjoy traveling, live concerts, and spending time with family and friends.